Ignou Diploma in Womens Empowerment and Development programme has been offered by School of Social Sciences (SOSS) in both January and July sessions. It has been introduced with the aim to sharpen development workers on gender issues and bestow important ability to empower learners to works as experts on women’s issues.
It has been designed to help learners to become capable mentors and work as trainers and community organizers in addressing gender issues.
It also caters to the needs of people who are employed in non-governmental organizations and governmental organizations and engaged in gender planning and training. The programme incorporates both national and international viewpoints and concerns.
Ignou Diploma in Womens Empowerment and Development Programme Structure:
The admission eligibility details about the DWED are mentioned below:
- The medium of Instruction: It is available in both English and Hindi medium.
- Admission Eligibility: The candidates seeking admission to this programme should be having a basic education of 10+2 or its equivalent Or Non10+2 with three years working experience as development workers at any level.
- Course Fee: The total fees is Rs.3,000/- (Note: Please confirm the latest fees from regional centre as it may change during the course of time).
- Duration: The minimum duration to complete this diploma is 1 year and the maximum duration is up to 4 years. If not cleared within the stipulated time limit, then learner have to take fresh admission again.
- Age Eligibility: There is no minimum and maximum age bar for this course.
IGNOU DWED Admission Procedure:
The advertisement for admission to Ignou Diploma in Womens Empowerment and Development (DWED) programme is published by the university in the daily newspapers and on the official website: www.ignou.ac.in in the months of April-May and October-November.
The Candidates who want to take admission are required to visit the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre to get the prospectus and application form.
The counselors in the regional centre will guide them about the complete admission process.The admission forms, other related forms, enrollment card, etc are provided in the prospectus itself.
The university provides the link on its official website to download the common prospectus which includes the complete detail about this programme.The university offers the ‘Round the Year Admission’ through its ‘walk-in Admission’ scheme.
IGNOU DWED Courses: The programme consists of courses 32 credits where one credit is equivalent to thirty hours of study. The complete course or syllabus structure has been built around two streams focusing on social science perspectives and training perspectives. The weightage of all the courses is 4 credits each, except for BWEE-12 course which carries a weightage of 8 credits.
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|Social Science Perspectives|
|BWEE-12||Women and Society: Global Concerns and Local Issues||8|
|BWEE-004||Strategies for Women’s Empowerment||4|
|BWEE-005||Women and Development||4|
|BWEF-002||Gender Training Perspectives||4|
|BWEE-006||Organisation and Leadership||4|
|BWEE-007||Work and Entrepreneurship<||4|
|BWEE-008||Credit and Finance||4|
To know more about this Diploma programme, you can visit the IGNOU official website at the following link: Click Here.