Ignou Certificate in Sericulture – The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers admission to this programme in both January and July session.The learners from all over the country can apply to pursue their study in the field of production of silk from silkworms by rearing them.
Students can apply for admission to CIS programme via Online as well as offline methods. To apply for for admission via online method, the students can visit the university online admission portal which has been started recently. If the learners want to register for this course via offline method, we have provided the details under the admission Procedure section in this post.
The University School of Agriculture offers admission to Certificate in Sericulture (CIS) for both January and July Session. This programme has been developed with the support of Central Silk Board, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. India is at the second position in the field of producing silk among the various countries also it is the largest consumer of silk as well.
Other Important Links:
- IGNOU CIS Exam Form
- IGNOU CIS Result
- IGNOU CIS Grade Card
- IGNOU CIS Hall Ticket
- IGNOU CIS Previous Question Papers
The programme has been designed to provide education to the learners from particular target group i.e. Rural youth, Skilled/semi-skilled workers working in Sericulture, Personnel working in States Dept. of Sericulture, CSB, NGOs, farmers, Self-help groups, entrepreneurs, technicians, etc.
The main aim behind the Central Silk Board (CSB) and IGNOU is to provide the learners scientific & entrepreneurial knowledge to farmers and technicians involved in mulberry cultivation and silkworm production through its Open Distance learning (ODL).
This certificate programme in the field of silk production will help in building and increase the human resource in this sector and also it will increase the farmer’s income by developing entrepreneurial skills.
The admission eligibility details about this certificate discipline has been mentioned below :
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Eligibility : The candidates seeking admission to this programme should fulfill the following eligibility conditions. They should be 10th pass out or if they are not 10th passed, they must be having 2 years experience in the field of Sericulture. Only the experience certificate from the extension officials of the Dept of Sericulture/Agriculture/Extension/ Recognized NGOs/Industry will be considered during admission.
- Duration: The minimum duration to complete the course is 6 months but the university provides the flexibility to students to complete it in the maximum duration of 2 years. The registration of programme is valid for a maximum of two years. If the learner is not able to complete all the courses, then he / she have to take the admission again for the entire programme.
- Fee: The total fees is Rs.3,500/- (Note : Please confirm the latest fees from the regional centre as it may change during the course of time).
- Age Eligibility : There is no minimum and maximum age bar for this course.
The university publishes the advertisement for admission to Ignou Certificate in Sericulture programme in the local daily newspapers. Also, the advertisement is uploaded on the university official website under the “Admission Announcements” section at the following web URL: www.ignou.ac.in.
Usually, the admission notification is published in the months of April-May and October-November for both July and January session respectively.
To apply for admission, the applicant needs to visit the nearest Ignou Regional Centre to get the prospectus and application form. The counselors in the regional center will guide you about the complete admission process.The admission forms, other related forms,enrollment card, etc are provided in the prospectus itself.
The university provides the link on its official website to download the prospectus which includes the complete detail about CIS programme. The university offers the ‘Round the Year Admission’ through its ‘walk-in Admission’ scheme.
Syllabus Or Courses:
The details about the courses which are required to be complete are mentioned below :
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BLP 1||Introduction to Sericulture||2|
|BLPI 2||Host Plant Cultivation||6|
|BLPI 3||Silkworm Rearing||6|
|BLP 4||Crop Protection||2|
|Total = 16|
The students pursuing this certificate programme need to submit the Ignou CIS assignments for each course before submitting the term end exam form and before the last date of submission.These assignment answer sheets will be assessed by counselors at the concerned study centre.
The assignment marks obtained by the student constitutes the 30% of total marks in the final exam result.So, the students have to take these assignments task very seriously.It is very important to attain good assignment marks by writing good answers which will help in achieving a good percentage.