The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers IGNOU Certificate in Guidance Admission in both January and July academic session. It comes under the School of Education (SOE). The university has invited applications from the learners all over the country to pursue their study in the field of providing guidance to children aged between 5-11 years for their better learning and socio-emotional development.
The IGNOU Certificate in Guidance (CIG) has been started by the university in 1993 and since then it is catering to the needs of teachers, parents, social worker and others who are interested in guiding children. It is an awareness level programme that focuses on their overall development.It has been developed in collaboration with NCERT (National Council for Educational Research and Training).
The admission eligibility details about the CIG are mentioned below:
- Medium of Instruction: It is available in both English and Hindi medium.
- Eligibility Criteria: The candidates seeking admission to this programme should be Teachers of recognised institutions Or they must have passed the Matriculation/SSC Or they should have completed the Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU.
- Programme Fee: The total fees is Rs.1,100/- (Note: Please confirm the latest fees from regional centre as it may change during the course of time).
- Duration: It should be completed in a minimum period of 6 months and the maximum period of 2 years.
- Age Eligibility: The candidate should be the minimum of 18 years of age and there is no maximum age bar for this course.
IGNOU Certificate in Guidance Admission Procedure:
The advertisement for admission to Certificate in Entrepreneurship (Abeyance) (CIE) programme is published in the daily newspapers and on the official website of the university at www.ignou.ac.in in the months of April-May and October-November. The Candidates who want to take admission in this Certificate programme are required to visit the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre to get the prospectus and application form.The counselors in the regional centre will guide them about the complete admission process.
The IGNOU admission and other related forms, enrollment card, etc are included in the prospectus. The university provides the link on its official website to download the common prospectus which includes the complete detail about Entrepreneurship Certificate programme.The university offers the ‘Round the Year Admission’ through its ‘walk-in Admission’ scheme.
IGNOU CIG Courses:
The details about the courses which are required to be completed are mentioned below:
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|NES-101||Understanding the Elementary School Child||4|
|NES-102||Facilitating Growth and Development||4|
|NES-103||Guiding Children’s Learning||4|
|NES-104||Guiding Socio-emotional Development of Children||4|
To know more about the programme, you can visit the IGNOU official website at Click Here