The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers admission to Certificate in Energy Technology and Management (CETM) programme in both January and July Session. The university has invited applications from the students from all over the country to pursue this Certificate programme and enhance their skills in energy management.
The admission notification can be checked online on the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. It is one of the most demanding certificate programmes in the field of energy conservation techniques and implementations among the students.
The Ignou Certificate in Energy Technology and Management (CETM) programme is offered by School of Engineering & Technology (SOET).
- It has been designed with the an objective to provide complete knowledge to the students about the aspects of various energy resources, energy conversion processes, energy use, energy conservation, energy planning and management.
- It provides an overview of various available energy resources and their pattern of use.
- Also, the learners are provided with the exposure about environmental effects of energy use.
- It also teaches the learner about the energy efficient devices required for energy conservation.It is is a six month certificate programme.
The admission procedure is very much simple like all other programmes. The students can apply for admission to this programme in both January and July academic cycles.
The Ignou CETM examination for the students who take admission in January session will be conducted in the month of June. In the same way, the students who apply for admission in July session can appear for December Term End Examination.
The Indira Gandhi National Open university publishes the admission notification in the local dailies and also on the official website of the university at www.ignou.ac.in in the months of April-May and Oct- Nov.
The learner who wished to take admission to this certificate programme should visit their nearest Regional Centre and obtain the prospectus from there by paying the prescribed fee in cash.
The Ignou prospectus consists of all instructions and forms which are required to apply for admission. The students can find the admission form, term end exam form, enrollment card, re-registration form, etc in the prospectus.
The university does not provide the separate prospectus for certificate programmes, it is included in the Common Prospectus. The students can also download the common prospectus from the university official website.
The CETM admission form can also be filled online as well from the university official website.The university also offers the ‘Round the Year admission’ to this programme through its ‘walk-in Admission’ scheme. The students can also check the Online Admission portal to find whether this certificate programme is available for online admission or not.
The admission eligibility details are mentioned below :
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate who want to take admission to this certificate programme should be 10th (matriculation) pass.
- Course Duration: The minimum duration is 6 months and maximum duration is 2 years.
- Programme Fee: The total fees is Rs. 2,500/- for full programme (Note: Please confirm the latest fees with the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre as it may change during the course of time.)
- Age Eligibility : There is no minimum and maximum age bar for this course.
Courses & Syllabus:
The programme consists of four courses (20 Credits). All the courses are compulsory. These are named with course code and course name as follows :
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|OEY 1||Energy Resources and Conversion Processes||4|
|OEY 2||Renewable Energy Technologies and their Uses||6|
|OEY 3||Energy Management: Audit and Conservation||6|
|OEYP 4||Energy Projects||4|
After getting admission to this programme, the students can check out Ignou Certificate in Energy Technology and Management admission status on the university official website. In case you find any discrepancy, you can immediately contact your related regional centre.To check your admission status, You can visit here : http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/studentzone/admission/6
Do not forget to subscribe to us to know about latest IGNOU notifications,Programmes, Admissions, Exams, Time Tables, Hall Ticket / Grade Card Results,etc.