Ignou Bachelor Degree programmes – The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers admission to its various Under Graduate programmes such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc., B.Ed, B.Tech, BPP,etc. in the both January and July academic sessions. Some of these programmes are offered in only January or July session.
These programmes are offered by the university through its different modes of education such as Distance, Online and Regular.The learners who wish to pursue graduation via distance mode can opt for any of the above mentioned Bachelor programmes offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Do you also want to know about Master Degree programmes?
To fill up BDP admission form, the learners need to visit the nearest Ignou Regional centre and buy prospectus from there by paying a small amount of fee in the form of Demand Draft. The prospectus consists of all the information or detail about all the Bachelor Degree programmes.
It also contains the forms required by the students throughout the studies like re-registration, re-evaluation, term end examination, etc. One more method to easily buy the hard copy of the prospectus by sitting at home is to send the demand draft of required fee in favour of IGNOU,New Delhi to the following address : Registrar (Student Registration Division), Indira Gandhi National Open College, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-68.
Students can check the prospectus fee in the latest admission notification from the website at www.ignou.ac.in. We are not mentioning the fee here because it may change during the course of time. The soft copy of prospectus can also be downloaded from the university official website.
The Medium of Instruction:
Most of these programmes are offered to the learners in the English language. But there are few also for which the medium of instruction is both English and Hindi. Before applying for admission, you must check out the medium of instruction with the counsellors in the regional centre.
Eligibility Criteria :
The candidate seeking admission to Bachelor Degree programmes should be 10 + 2 in a relevant discipline or have an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution. There are many Bachelor programmes offered by the university, so the complete eligibility about each of them can be checked in the prospectus. The work experience may be required to take admission in some of these programmes.
The learners can apply for admission to Bachelor degree programmes via Online as well as Offline methods. The university has set up online admission portal to make it easier for students to apply for admission by sitting at home.
The admissions to most of these courses are offered by “Walk-in admission”.Under this admission scheme, the admission to these programmes is carried out throughout the year. There are few professional degree programmes such as B.Ed, BSCN(PB), etc. for which the admissions are conducted on the basis of entrance test.
The candidates need to qualify the entrance examination to be qualified for admission.The entrance test is conducted once in a year and the admissions are provided in January session. The university offers admission to most of these professional degree programmes in both January and July academic sessions.
But there are few programmes which are offered in one particular session only. The admission related advertisement is published by the university on its official website. Also, it is published in the local daily newspapers in the month of April-May for July session and in the month of September-October for January session.
For the student’s convenience, we have mentioned below the list of Ignou bachelor degree programmes which are offered in Distance, Online and Regular mode of education. The programmes which come under this category are as follows:
Bachelor Professional Programmes:
- B.Ed Special Education in Mental Retardation
- B Ed Special Education in Visual Impairment
- B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- BBA in Retailing (BBARL)
- BLSI Design and Embedded System (BLSI)
Bachelor of Arts(BA):
- Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP)
- BA in 3D Animation and Visual Effects
- BA in Apparel Design & Merchandising (IGNOU-Institute of Apparel Management (IAM) Collaboration)
- BA in Fashion Communication (IGNOU-Institute of Apparel Management (IAM) Collaboration)
- BA in Fashion Design ((IGNOU-Pearl Academy of Fashion (PAF) Collaboration)
- BA in Fashion Merchandising and Production (IGNOU-Pearl Academy of Fashion (PAF) Collaboration
- BA in International Hospitality Administration
- BA in Psychology
- BA in Textile Design (IGNOU-Pearl Academy of Fashion (PAF) Collaboration)
- BA (English)
- B.A (Hindi)
- Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies (BTS)
- BA (Urdu)
Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com):
- B.Com with Major in Accountancy and Finance (B.Com (A &F))
- B.Com with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration (B.Com (CA & A))
- B.Com with Major in Financial and Cost Accounting (B.Com (F & CA))
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.):
- B.Sc (Hons) in Optometry & Ophthalmic Techniques
- B.Sc in Anaesthesia & Critical Care Technology
- B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc in Medical Records Science & Health Information Technology
- B.Sc in Optometry and Ophthalmic Techniques/Technology
- B.Sc in Radiation Therapy Technology
- B.Sc (Hospitality and Hotel Administration)
- B.Sc (Fashion Merchandizing & Retail Management)
- B.Sc Botany
- B.Sc Chemistry
- B.Sc Life Sciences
- B.Sc (Leather Goods & Accessories Design)
- B.Sc (Footwear Technology)
- B.Sc Honours in International Hospitality Administration
- B.Sc Mathematics
- B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic)
- B.Sc Physics
- B.Sc Zoology